BBB

advertisement

tangaza sherehe

ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday, August 9, 2012

BBA News:I Won’t Touch My Money-Keagan


 
South Africa’s only surviving representative and winner of this season’s Big Brother Africa StarGame reality show, Keagan Petersen, says he is happy that he was the one who brought the prize home.

The 22-year-old Capetonian beat five other finalists – Jackson “Prezzo” Ngechu from Kenya; Martha “Lady May” Namundjebo from Namibia; Talia Hayward from Zambia; Duncan “Kyle” Kushaba from Uganda and Watipaso Kulemeka from Malawi – to the grand prize of $300000 (R2.4m).

Petersen said he was not going to touch his money just yet as he needed to think long and hard what he wanted to do with it.

“I was actually sick of being in the house after the second week and I desperately wanted to get out.

“I didn’t think that I would stay this long, let alone to win the competition. It’s amazing that I have made the country proud by winning.”

Sunday night’s two-hour finale was a fan-packed show which had all the glitz and glamour one could expect from such an event.

On the bill were some of Africa’s finest acts taking turns to thrill an expectant audience. The reality show started with 35 house mates from 14 African countries: Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Botswana, Angola, Tanzania, Uganda, Namibia, Liberia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi.

The finale saw reunification of the evicted house mates and some of the notable ones including Goldie (Nigeria), Seydou (Angola), Luke (Liberia), Keitta (Ghana), Jannette (Uganda) and Junia (Namibia).

Petersen said that even though a lot of people might think that he won the money for just being in the house, he earned it. “People don’t understand the technicalities and the happenings of the Big Brother house and the one thing that I learnt is that I have to be meticulous. “The game challenges one to use the mind and scheme so much more and mentally that is draining.

“Some of my highlights will definitely be when I was chosen to be the head of house, therefore being automatically saved from elimination.

“One of my of my lowest points in the competition will have to be when my partner, Lee, was evicted and we were separated.”popularity this season, during the voting process he received seven votes as countries like Angola, Botswana, Nigeria, Liberia, South Africa and the rest of Africa voted for him – one country is represented by one vote.

His closest counterpart, Kenya’s Prezzo, only received two votes as he was voted for by his native country and Tanzania.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE

TOA MAONI YAKO KUHUSU POST HII

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...